Tuesday, May 15, 2012

one of those people

I always liked to tell people, I'm not one of those girls, I would never be like that. But here I am...being like that.  I always say I don't care what people think about me or what I do, and for the most part, I don't care. But when it comes to my writing.. I do care. It's not like I need approval or need everyone to like it because I know not everyone will.  And that's fine with me.  Since I'm not published or working with an agent yet, my confidence isn't what I wish it would be, so yes I like positive feedback, as does everyone. so please! comment  and tell me what you guys think! :)

I won't be able to update the book's progress today due to other appointments and duties, but I will try to get a little bit done later today. Thanks for reading!

Along with writing fiction, I also write poetry for myself, and will be putting occasional pieces when I don't have anything on my book's progress to put here.

This is my newest poem to date, and you guys will be the first ones to read it. hope ya like it :)

I AM ME

let me tell you a story
a story of a child who grew up too fast
a child who, like you, had a hope a dream a wish a prayer
a child with so much pain and suffering she could never realize what she was truly capable of
a child too afraid to tell the world how she feels

that child is me
this is my story

you think you know what it's like? a father that's not around. a mother with impossible expectations.
maybe you do. maybe you've seen the statistics.
but you think you know who I am?
you know the struggles I've faces?

I am no statistic. I am me. just me.
just a girl trying to make it in this fucked up world.
where a teenage girl, pregnant, homeless, scared, thinks the only way out is abortion
I'm here to tell you had she given in to her struggle, my brother would never have been born
where a single mother of four has several jobs and still can barely get by
where she marries abusive men and looks the other way, simply for the sake of stability

growing up, told I was expected to be something, to screw up, to get pregnant, to fail
growing up, I shouted a big fuck you to those expectations

my life isn't determined by what you say, by what statistics say I should be

I am me. no more. no less. just me.

1 comment:

  1. truly touching. and defiantly real. you're very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete