Monday, May 14, 2012

First off....

You already know who I am, and if not then apparently you can't read and don't know what I'm saying anyway.

I'm a writer by nature, have been since I was a kid. Granted, the most writing I usually did was in my diary... in which the only thing I ever talked about was which boy I liked that week.  Or it was fantasy fiction stories about...the same guys. haha.  But it was writing nonetheless.

Now that I'm almost in my third year of college, I'm a little more serious about this hobby of mine.  I started writing my own novel about a year ago, though I didn't know it then.  I thought it was going to be just a thing I do occasionally when bored.  I never imagined it would change my life the way it did.  Writing is no longer just a hobby of mine, it's my life.  And even if I never get published, even if no one reads or likes my work, I'll still be a writer and I'll still do what I love.  Though of course getting published and being on the New York Times best sellers list will always be a dream, and hopefully I will achieve that one day.

On to my book...  It's a science fiction story set in the near future in Aurora, Colorado in which meteors of catastrophic proportions are about to strike the world.  The story revolves around a young college girl, Abby, and her complicated relationship with Nate.  They must deal with the complexities of having a baby while trying to survive the end of the world as they know it.

I'll upload the first couple chapters as soon as I have them done.  I'm in the middle of changing my whole writing strategy right now by changing the point of view its written in.  Sounds easier than it really is... It sucks and it's pretty time-consuming.  But I'll finish that in a few days hopefully, or maybe even today if I work hard, and get that up for ya soon.

Hannah(:

No comments:

Post a Comment