Wednesday, May 16, 2012

News!

So I may have some exciting news! I've been looking into publishing companies and may have found a good fit!  They contacted me yesterday wanting to talk about the book and options and whatnot. But they want to help me! They're interested! It's Trafford publishing.  They're a new Indie Publishing Company that seems really legit and a perfect fit for me. I hope so anyway.

So obviously I'm really excited about this. So because of this, I don't think I should put anymore of my book's progress online...just as a precautionary thing. I'm sorry for those that were interested in reading it, but just contact me by facebook or e-mail (hannah.utley@student.ottawa.edu) and I can keep you updated. I will still definitely be keeping everyone updated on the progress here, I just won't be able to post full chapters or anything.

Today: I started working on the Fallout some more, but I had to stop due to funeral events.  A young boy, Mitchell, passed away the other day in my hometown in a hunting accident and had his funeral today.  I would just ask everyone to please pray for Mitchell's family and the other boy involved, Matt, and his family.  They need them more than anything right now, though I know nothing can replace the loss of Mitchell.

Here's a poem I wrote awhile ago, after the disaster that struck Joplin, MO.  I know what happened here and what happened to Joplin are two different things, but they are both very tragic and I feel this poem applies here.


JOPLIN
Whether you’ve lived it
Or merely seen pictures
Or heard about it on the news
Disasters hit this earth every single day

Whether they be weather related
Tornados, hurricanes, earthquakes
Or man made
Shootings, wars, diseases

Whether it be an accident
Or on purpose
They happen to everyone
They don’t discriminate
They don’t care if you’re rich or poor
White or black, old or young

People ask, why us?
But truth be told,
There is no answer
No underlying reasons
God doesn’t hate us all
And seek to give cruel punishment

Bad things happen to good people
Good things happen to bad people
It’s a fact of life

God doesn’t do these things
He allows these things to happen
There’s a difference

Whether it be to teach us a lesson
Or to make us stronger
Or open our eyes
All experiences, good or bad,
Has a good and perfect meaning

We may not see it
In fact, we probably don’t
But God isn’t here to please us
Or show us the meaning of life
We are here to please Him
And learn to live in the moment
Cherishing everything we have
And everyone we love


More to come later! Please comment! Thanks for reading!

Hannah (:

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about the two boys. They're in my prayers. Poem was a very good fit I think. Also congrats on the publishing company, hope it works out for you!

    ReplyDelete