Hey guys, I know it's been forever since I've written but I've been so incredibly busy lately it's not even funny. Since I got moved a couple weeks ago and started my new job things have been pretty hectic. I love my new place and all my new roommates. They're great. A few people were worried about me living with a bunch of football guys... But really they're like my brothers. Though there was some awkward tension for awhile there... but I think that's gone now. Maybe.
Now to the job... it's been okay. It was sucking the life out of me actually. Literally. I got mono because I overworked myself and didn't get enough sleep. So that was a fun week I just had. The people there are great though, I love them. And the work isn't that bad, it's pretty easy. And the money's really great. I'm just not really cut out for the sales life... I might be pretty good at it, but I don't really like it. I'm more of a "behind the scenes" kinda girl. But oh well, it's income, and right now that's what I need.
So my book... I haven't been writing in The Fallout in a long time. I've looked at it. And made a few notes. But I've been experiencing writer's block. I have no ideas. For that anyway. I have great ideas for other things. Like I just had a dream the other night... and it sparked an idea for a book, which I started writing yesterday. I spent literally all day yesterday and most of today writing. I've forgotten to eat or even shower. It's beginning to take over my life. But thankfully I took a break to take care of myself. I can't imagine what I must have looked like yesterday.
The book's great though, if I do say so myself. I don't even like to brag a lot about my writing or anything really, but this is probably one of my best creations. And the plot really isn't anything too spectacular just yet. I'm keeping it simple. But it's really given me time to focus on my characters and develop their personalities and lives. I get so sucked into my writing that I almost feel as if they're real people. I forget that what I'm living in is the true reality.
I should really learn how to limit my writing to a few hours a day to be able to separate the two realities. But hey, isn't that what we as writers are trying to accomplish? A false reality? A world that seems so real that you feel as though you're truly there? That's what I want anyway when I'm reading a book.
Then again, I hate to be that writer that starts a project and never finishes it. Or starts too many projects at once. I'd like to just finish a book. Even if it's not that great. Just to have finished an actual book, unpublished or published, would be one of my greatest achievements.
I don't really feel like posting any of my poems... the rest are a little too personal to be putting them on public display. But hey, if you want to check out any of my stuff, just e-mail me or facebook me!
Thanks for reading!
Hannah(:
No comments:
Post a Comment